Talking with the kids: 5 movies to watch over the summer of 2018


This one was hard. Not because I can't think of movies, but because I had a hard time coming up with movies that I'm dying to see this summer or that just feel like summer, but Princess came to me with this idea and I couldn't say no! I mean, let's be honest, it's a good idea! 

So I sat down and thought about what movies I want to watch this summer and movies that just feel like summer. Finally, I came up with 5 titles (most of which are actually series) and a few honorary mentions.

These are not all family friendly (but most of them are) and they are listed in no particular order (because here at the Perfect Piece we hate having to rate things)! 

1. Goofy movie and an Extremely Goofy movie: A Goofy movie is such an amazing summer tale about a father and son and coming of age. And I absolutly love Goofy! So, combining those two things, how could I not love this movie? Then there's an Extremely Goofy movie which is like the best introduction to college, right?



2. The Fast and Furious movies: This one really just made the list because Piece and I are watching this series together. So I'm looking forward to watching it with him over this summer. 



3. The Incredibles: Not only do we love the original movie, the second one is coming out  and we totally need to relive the first on before diving into the second, right? Of course, I want to see the second one, too! And Jack Jack stole my heart in the first one so I can't wait to see what's next for him especially! 



4. Wreck it Ralph: This one is kind of like The Incredibles. We love the first one and can't wait for the second one to come out so of course we should memorize them now, right?



5. Free Willy: I think this is the only movie my Mom and I saw in the movie theater more then once. We love whales so we couldn't wait to see this movie and now my daughter is begging me to watch it with her. So I'm really excited to watch it with her. Plus, it's all about water and stuff so it has a summery feel!



Honorable Mentions: 

Grease and Grease 2: I really don't know why but this title is a favorite and came to mind so I thought, well it came to mind for a reason so why not? But you do have to admit, it's a great story about a summer love gone totally right...right?



A Dolphin's Tale- It's a really great story that shows that the very things that make us different and what others may perceive as flaws are the very things that make us remarkable!


So that's my list of 5 movies to watch this summer! What's your list? Let us know in the comments. 

Comments