Talking with Piece: Top 5 Inspirational people


When I first suggested Piece and I conquer this topic, I thought it would be easier. I thought, "I'll just sit at the keyboard and the answers will come to me." Then...I sat at my keyboard. It thought about it and realized that to say someone is influential is not as easy as pulling out a name. I thought about the biggest influences in my life, what inspires me, moves me and helped to form me into who I am today. It wasn't nearly as easy as I thought and I questioned my picks again and again. Finally this is the list I came up with...in no particular order.

1. Helen Keller- She is always the first name that comes to mind when I think about who my heroes are and who influenced me. I was in elementary school when I first learned about he. I remember my first thought being that you can't survive being blind and deaf but the more I learned about her...the more I respected her; the more she inspired me. I walked away after reading a biography about her for the first time believing that anything is possible and that people change people. I knew then that with some work and some determination, I can do anything because if she could achieve all that she did with the challenges she faced, why couldn't I achieve my dreams?



2. Stephanie Myer- Yes, she wrote Twilight and I know that Twilight isn't everyone's cup of tea but I loved the books. I'll say it again. I. loved. The. Books. I understood Bella and loved reading this girl who was so strong and so smart but so clumsy. I loved watching her trip and stumble her way through because I trip and stumble my way through. But the real reason I chose her was  because everything I experience the Twilight Sega, I'm inspired. I want to sit at my keyboard and write every single story that I have ever imagined. I chose her because she kindles a love for writing in me again and again, reminding me that this is something I really love to do even if I haven't for a while. I love that she never intended to be a best selling author, but was writing a story form a dream; a story that pulled her in and demanded to be told. She wrote a story about Bella and Edward that was written for herself, not the world. Her story keeps me going when I I feel like I've lost my direction and the energy to find it.



3. Kevin Williamson- Who's that, you ask? He's the man who laid down his heart and talents to building unbelievable titles like Dawson's Creek and the Vampire Diaries. But he really stole my heart with Dawson's Creek. The inhabitants of Capeside were the first ones to show me that fictional characters can be your best friends. I tuned in every week to see what my friends were doing. They understood me. They mirrored so much of what was happening in my life. Dawson had a theory that for anyone of life's problems, you could find the answer if you looked to the right Steven Speildburg film but I knew that I just had to find the right Dawson's Creek episode(s). I spent years wanting to find a Dawson with so much passion, sensitivity and creativity, wanting to be Joey, the smart, strong tom boy who could hold her own but had a heart of gold. I loved Pacey, the bad boy who wasn't a bad boy but just less carefree and fun. As soon as I learned that he based Dawson's Creek off of his life, I knew I loved him! Of course, his involvement with other creations like Vampire Diaries and Scream didn't hurt my affection for him, either.



4. Walt Disney- I grew up in a home where Disney was a way of life. I grew up watching Disney movies, dreaming of going back to the theme park and watching the Disney channel. I loved the stories, finding more then enjoyment in them but encouragement, hope, dreams and a world of possibilities. The Disney dynasty sparks dreams and shows us that it's O.K to dream. Dreams do come true. The world is filled with possibilities and wonder in all of the best ways while reminding us all that it's okay to embrace that child within us all and let them out to play sometimes. The world is a magical place and we can be a part of that.


5. Racheal Ray- I was in my twenty's before I realized that the skill to create a delicious meal is one worth having. I was about as uncomfortable in the kitchen as you could get and scared to experiment and get creative. When I decided to teach myself how to cook, I turned to Racheal Ray to guide me for that 1 hour every weekday. Yet, what I found was that the more comfortable I got in the kitchen, the more I enjoyed cooking and felt pride in providing something tasty for my family. I even started getting excited to try new recipes and started picking up tips and tricks from my on screen teacher. I turned into the person that said things like, "I saw this on the Racheal Ray show!" or "Racheal says this!" This was the first step to becoming who I am today, fearing the idea or able of being the domestic spouse and embracing it happily. She made it look fun.She made it look achievable and I made it a reality. 


So, those are my top five picks for influential people in my life. What famous people would you put on your list? Let us know in the comments! 


Curious to know who Piece chose as his 5 influential people are? Click here!

Comments